Friday 30 December 2011

Trapped In Toilet for 6 Hours!

After a morning exercise I went to take a shower. After drying up myself, I turned the door knob as usual and crap, it got jammed. I'm locked all by myself in the toilet. No one's at home. I've no handphone with me.

First I did was of course trying to turn the door knob clock wise, and anti clock wise; and bang the door a few times. Clearly it didn't work.

Then I sat down on the toilet bowl to pray, for patience and a calm spirit.

First thing that got into my mind was I still had my shower heater switched on. So yeap, I was smart enough to plug out the one inside the toilet and I was so proud of my cleverness for an instant. Thinking that the heater might burst into flames only to find out from my mom later that it the heater will be fine if it's left on for a day!

Next thing that came to mind was - I need a cool space, not a stuffy one. So I opened the window as wide as I could and I'm thankful that the toilet I was in at, faces open space so it was rather cooling.

Third thing that came into my mind was - I need to make a card. Door knob jam isn't something new to me. It happened all the time when we were staying in our university hostel. Our solution was always our Touch n Go card. We used it to snipe open the jammed area. I tried squeezing out the toothpaste from my Colgate tube so I can fold it into a "Card". However it doesn't work, it was rather soft. Tried Clean & Clear, doesn't work either.

Fine. I saw there was a wire hanger. So used whatever ways I could think of to use a hanger to de-jam the knob. But I failed.

Then. I saw there was a spoon which my mom used. I remembered how the lock smith used to use screwdriver to knock off the knob. I tried doing that with a TEA SPOON. Obviously the only result I got was a red palm. :(

I was so tired and so I took 2 towels that were in the toilet to use it as a cushion in my sit tub. Being all tired knocking, I dozed off in the sit tub, not sure for how long.

When I woke up, I tried again, and failed. So I rested again.

Woke up again, I saw my empty mini listerine bottle. Sudden thought - "Perhaps the jammed area needs some lubricant". So I mixed soap with water, and started splashing my proudly handmade 'lubricant' towards the jammed area. Then I noticed I've yet to use my SK2 packaging to snipe open the door. The end of the packaigng was rather hard, yet soft enough to be bent.

So with a little prayer, I tried again with my SK2 facial tube and finally - I got out!

First thing I did - Look at the clock. It's 2.30pm! I entered around 8am! This is really one historical moment. It's also unbelievable that I was so calm in the toilet. Perhaps it's because I know my mom will be back soon anyway. :)


Today's incident reminds me: In whatever circumstances, stay calm, and persevere.

I've lived this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment