Thursday 1 December 2011

I Told 'Em #2: The Leap Forward

Today I heard that they broke up, this pair of friend of mine. It was not expected. They were so loving and compatible. But you know how one will always give reasons to break up.  When I grew older, break ups seemed like a normal thing to me. Here break there break everywhere break. Even the longest relationship couple would have broken up. I grew to learn that when break ups happen, no one is at fault. It just means that the relationship doesn't work at that point of time and that holding on to it is just too miserable to bear.

Another pair of friend of mine however, broke up and got together again. This cycle repeated countless times. I know what is he thinking and I felt that it will still not work if such feelings and thoughts aren't change, no matter how many times they got back together for the sake of familiarity. But I would better stay neutral as a friend.

I guessed some times we found out our love for someone have faded and are afraid to break up because we are unsure what the future holds for us. What more when the other partner is a very great person to have with if we think of it rationally. So no matter how incompatible it may seem, we still feel it's good to have him/her around because the personality is great, that's the person who will take good care of us. Yet countless times we forgot the fundamentals of what builds a strong relationship when we are just on courtship- Communication and Love. If we hold back someone for the sake of guilt, for the sake of familiarity, for the sake of security...and yet cannot provide the love and communication that the other half desires, what's the point then?

Break up or not, the key word is to leap forward. If we broke up, move on for the better. If we did not break up, then move on together with our partners for a better future. If we stay put in a relationship and ding-dong back and forth, I say it's better to break up and move on in life faster for the betterment of each other rather than waste each other's time if you seriously have not much of feelings or don't see light in your relationship anymore.


Life is precious. Time is limited. There's time to love, but there' not much time to waste people's love. So make your decision and take the leap forward and move on.

As wrong as I may seem, as harsh as I may sound, this is what I think at the moment. Nobody like break ups, I don't either. But if it happen, it happens. What we need to do is, to leap forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment