Saturday 25 August 2012

3 Things I Walked Away From

I guessed it's always hard to walk away. It's even harder if you were to walk away from your dreams, from the people you love, from hope. There are countless times I walked away from people who needs help just because I'm shy, times I walked away from reaching higher grounds just because I'm afraid of failing, times I walked away from my family just because I want to join my friends; times I walked away from God just to enjoy what the world can offer me. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. I do not punish myself for all these, in fact I'm grateful that from every walkaways, I learned something, I repented, and I grew wiser from all the timidity I had inside of me.

Now, I know when and when not to walk away. Out of all these walkaways, the best walkaways I did, and am still doing are these:

WALKAWAY #1: Walking away from negativity and towards living life in abundance and joy.
It's OK to feel bad, sorry, guilty etc but it's never OK to dwell in it. Many of us dwell in it for too long and it became a blackhole that pulls us into the darkness of negativity. Those who acknowledged what is wrong and made the decision to move on fast and take the positive outlook always have a step ahead in life. It's always good to mix with people who channels out positive energy, happy emotions, and inspiring moments. There are always givers and receivers.
"I always believe you can only give what you have, just like the one who never had love within will never know how to love."
So if we would like to give more happiness; we have to have happiness within; same goes to optimism, fun, love etc everything! If we don't have it within us then we need to get it from people who have it so we can spread the the joy of living life to the fullest!

WALKAWAY #2: Walking away from my comfort zone and to do the things I really want to do.
Some people used to get comfortable with what they have but still there's like a void inside of them, it's like that's not really what they want. But when they realised that what they want needs some courage, hardwork, and perseverance; they give up.
"My thoughts are, the things you really want to have, things you really want to do - are never ever easy coming your way." 
It seemed easy for others but if you hear their stories you'll realise what a long way they've came. I searched 2 years and equipped myself to finally land on my dream short stint at Korea; I got out there to mix with people to finally got an appearance on TV for our Korean stuff; I persevered through since I joined a new startup company to see how it flourish a year more later now and how much have I grown; I always wanted to grow in leadership and management and I took up bigger responsibilities which needs lot of perseverance and wisdom and am still learning. My stories aren't super amazing, but I really know, that what you really really want deep down in your heart - it's never easy to attain - you need to get out of your comfort zone to get hold of it. You'll fail, not just once but more - but if you never fail, you never succeed.



WALKAWAY #3: Walking away from being mindful of the norm's perception of me and towards being myself
Why didn't you take up this course? Why are you behaving like this? Why don't you want something stable? Why you don't want to start work after graduating? Why aren't you finding job now? List goes on and on. Questions that your parents, your friends, your relatives, or even facebook friends will ask you.
"I personally think jobs can wait, youth can never wait, adventures when you are young can never wait." 
I'm outspoken, opinionated to certain extend, and I have my own say. I like to spend time alone, I don't mind sitting in a cafe, having a cup of tea and observing people alone. I don't mind I'm single at the age of 26 you can say all you want. I don't get pressured with my friends all getting married. I think it's fine to do hiphop when you are 35. I don't think carry a LV, Coach, Prada, YSL is showing off. Most importantly, I know that this is my life and no one is in control of how I am living it.

Ever since I started walking away, life have been so much more beautiful. There are tough times, but the journey of continuously learning, growing and breaking boundaries is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment