Monday 21 November 2011

Thoughts I Had #4: The Night When The Nation Unites

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the one same thing you can hear at most of the mamak stores around 11.30pm, Nov 21, 2011.

It's amazing how events can unite people. Tonight Harimau Muda won the SEA Games Football Final. Another significant milestone for us!

I pictured a bunch of friends in their 20s, regardless of their race, yelling and cheering in front of the TV at the living room when the Tigers scored their last kick!

I pictured two old uncles, with teh tarik in their hands, beaming so widely while the Tigers soar across the field in celebration!

I pictured everyone at Mamak stood up and cheered and hugged each other while the huge screen was replaying the last score.

I could not see malay, chinese, indian.. I see Malaysians, roaring for their country. I'm very sure what I visualise, is true.

Tonight is another night, when the nation unites.

Why are we then politicking on race and religion?

Isn't it very clear that we love our country as one?

Congratulations Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment