Monday 9 January 2012

Something New A Week #1: Wedding Food Tasting!

My first new thing for the first week of 2012! :)

I did something new this week!

Have you ever been a Wedding Planner? I've been one for my friend but I didn't get to check out the restaurant. This time round I'm gonna help plan for my cousin's wedding! Since she's at Australia, we'll have to do all the plannings here for her but it was a special feeling!

The hotel for the wedding is Shangri-La hotel and we were invited to taste the food as well as to discuss on the banquet decorations! Oh how I love decorating places!

First time ever I gave feedback/critics on the food to a Hotel Chef! Some food pics:

We were also given different options on how we would want the banquet hall to look like. It's so sweet. In the end we chose Pink and Silver as my cousin is a sweet polite girl. For the first time in my life I didn't know napkins could be folded into so many different shapes and with names like "Rosebud", "Sydney Theater" etc!

For the first time I get to hear stories from the top chefs of Shangri La! The story again reminded me that constant hardwork will bring you far in life. They are Malay but they cook awesome Chinese food as well as International cuisines! One funny thing to share from the Chef: "As a chef, the older you are the higher value you are!" Thanks Chef! Thought it would be great to take picture with them so yes I did it!

LIVED IT! DID IT! CAPTURED IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment