Friday 19 October 2012

Something New A Week #55 - The Joy Of Singing!

I've quite some friends who sing for a career: Thomas from Malaysian Chinese group TJ 东于哲, MY FM DJ Wayne who sings occasionally too, 8TV Host Wind Lee who of course sings occasionally too, Amy Yeoh and Juwita Suwito who are vocal coaches and also perform at awesome gigs. As long as you are in the entertainment field you would sing, somehow, I guessed. They made singing seems like a super easy thing on earth! How come I can't sing as great as them! Haha.

I have also one friend and her forte is jazz and classical music. She sings old classic songs which are rearranged with a jazzy feel. Her voice is really jazzy too. She teaches classical music in the day, and sings during other times :) She's known as the new Teresa Teng in Malaysia. She's Winnie Ho! Went to watch her live at The Venue@Pavillion, jazzing her way out with good ol' classic Chinese songs. :)


What's new to me:
Every awesome singer is not born with just a voice, or a talent - but it's the hardwork put to hone their techniques, it's the personal experience to communicate the emotions, it's the diligence to improve their musicality. It's so many things as Juwita has taught me. It's really....super duper hard. I think I'll stick with Karaoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment